- March: Hosted our partner, Team4Tech, and volunteers from Adobe, Facebook, Pearson, and 1M1B in Vietnam to help us improve our curriculum by training our team in concepts of Design Thinking and Entrepreneurship.
- November: Completed our first program-wide “student and teacher assessment” to better support a data-driven analysis of all areas of our program.
- June: Welcomed the Transparent Fish Fund as a “Chief Project Partner”, increasing our strategic collaboration to benefit 2,500 orphans over the next 5 years. Read the blog announcement.
- March: Completed our transition, in all orphanages, from Windows-based Classmate PCs to Google Chromebooks. See the photos.
- July: Launched our Career Preparation program for 17/18 year old students to help them prepare for graduation from the orphanage. See the photos.
- March: Hosted our first Team4Tech team with volunteers from VMware. Watch the video.
- February: Received a $25,000 project grant from Transparent Fish Fund.
- July: Piloted our “Volunteer Teacher Training” program to deliver high quality computer classes in our partner orphanages with volunteer teachers. See the photos.
- April: Opened our new offices in HCMC! A place designed for collaboration, lesson planning, and centrally located for visiting volunteers. See the photos.
- January: Received a $20,000 project grant from the Transparent Fish Fund.
- October: Provided training to 5 teachers from Worldwide Orphan Foundations to help them launch their own orphan computer training program. See the photos.
- May: Expanded to the Mekong Delta, launching our orphanage computer lab in Can Tho. See the photos.
- March: Signed a licensing agreement with Intel to develop and localize Intel Learn, a project-based learning curriculum.
- December: Orphan Impact was featured in the USA Today. Read the article.
- October: Hosted our 5th Intel Education Service Corps team of volunteers in Vietnam. See the photos.
- August: Designated 3 orphanages as “focus orphanages” for the 2011-2012 school year. See the photos.
- June: Orphan Impact was featured on the front page of the Sunday edition of the San Jose Mercury News. Read the article.
- October: Received an equipment donation from Intel of 30 new Classmate PCs.
- September: Hosted the first Intel Education Service Corps team of volunteers in Quang Tri. See the photos.
- March: Launched first orphanage computer lab in Nam Dinh. See the photos.
- January: Received project license from Ministry of Science & Technology